Aug 12, 2014

Red Rocks Park

Earlier this month, I found myself in Denver again for a quick bachelorette weekend. This was no stereotypical bachelorette (thank goodness), and the ten of us spent a large chunk of the weekend at Red Rocks Park enjoying the outdoors and "hiking". I was clearly the most out of shape in the group, and I lagged behind a little to take photos and catch my breath.

I didn't even bring a second camera other than my phone on this trip, which was super refreshing. It was a clear blue day, but I thought the photos were more striking in black and white, allowing you to really focus on shapes, lines and textures. Plus, I admit it's hard to shoot landscapes at high noon in color. I can only imagine what this place looks like at golden hour!










Red Rocks Park
Jefferson County, CO 80401

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful contrast and textures! Your iPhone photos make my DSLR photos ashamed hehe. Loving your work, Alice!

    www.wilsonsharon.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos! and what a refreshing bachelorette trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! these pictures are stunning. and i love that there are black & white. it´s so refreshing to leave the city once in while!!
    x
    laura&nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiking for bachelorette weekend sounds awesome, haha! Love these black and white photos:)

    www.shallwesasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how these photographs are so crisp and clean!
    http://www.jeffreychung.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you shot these with your iPhone! Super work, lady - these are gorgeous.

    Tamsin xx | A Certain Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  7. way too much contrast, and i'm pretty sure you used a diffuse glow filter, which makes them annoying to look at. that kind of filtering and contrast works better on photos that have bigger broader details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone's going to like the contrast, but that's kinda the look I was going for - specifically to remove the blue from the sky and get a high contrast look. I would never use a diffuse glow filter.

      Delete